According to the NC Dept. of Justice…
• There were 122 domestic violence homicides in NC in 2012.
• Most were perpetrated by men and most of the victims were women
• 64% (78) of victims were female / 36% (44) male
• 85% (104) of perpetrators were male / 15% (18) female
•Most situations involved persons of opposite sex who live together
or have lived together (43.4%) OR current or former household members (45.9%)
FBI Statistics From 9/10/2001 to 6/6/2012
•3,073 killed in terror attacks in the US
•2,002 US troops killed in Afghanistan
•4,486 US troops killed in Iraq
• 11,766 American women killed by their boyfriends or husbands – more than the above categories combined
Come hear the experts and a victim tell her story on Wed., Oct 23 from noon to 1 p.m. at CVCC’s Tarlton Complex.
For more information about Domestic Violence, visit these sites.
Questions? Contact Renee Neal, 828.327.7000, ext. 4408.
If you have a documented disability and need accommodations for these workshops, please contact Wanda Horvath at at (828) 327-7000 ext. 4222 or email@example.com at least 72 hours in advance to allow time to arrange the services.